Every dollar you contribute makes a difference.
Here are a few examples:
- $25 a month buys a simple tool which reduces Mozambican gold miners' exposure to toxic mercury vapor.
- $50 a month supports the removal of 1.5 acres/65,350 square feet of radioactively contaminated soil in Russia - resulting in lower rates of exposure to cesium, a carcinogen which also causes severe birth defects.
- $100 a month supports the clean up of hexavalent chromium from groundwater in Kanpur, India and helps provide clean drinking water for 30,000 people.
- $125 a month supports continuing litigation in Thailand where an indigenous community continues to suffer from lead poisoning of its water supply by a lead mining company.
- $150 a month ensures the continued broadcast of a Blacksmith-sponsored radio program focusing on environmental issues, the first of its kind in Mozambique.
Your contribution to the Blacksmith Institute will allow us to expand our current pollution remediation programs in Asia, Africa, Latin America, and Russia and start up new initiatives in contaminated and toxic sites throughout the developing world. Even modest contributions directly impact human health and the environment and allow us to raise the profile of pollution as a serious and deadly threat worldwide.
Contributions may be designated as unrestricted/general support or targeted to a specific geographic region or program by filling in the 'Note' section available on all contribution forms.
You can donate in several ways:
- Join the Monthly Funders Network: Make a sustained impact by giving monthly
- Online Donation: Make a one-time donation to a specific project or region
- Check: Donate using a personal check
- Stocks or Securities: Donate stocks or securities
* All contributions are tax-deductible as allowable by law. Blacksmith Institute is a registered 501 (c) 3 and a recognition letter/receipt will be sent following all contributions.